LED Eyes

Posted by Night Fox | Posted on 11:23 AM

In my continued efforts to create new and unique prims eyes I have made these LED eyes. Each of these eyes is 185 prims, and are made up of the LED lights, wires, circuits, wires, and other electrical and moving parts. All of the parts of the eyes are visible within the eye, and create a nice layered look just like I did with my Android Eyes. These new eyes are almost like an evolution of some of the ideas I used in the past. The come with only copy permissions, and to allow for resizing a resize script is included, and even if the eye is hidden inside of the avatars eye they can still easily be resized. This is because of an invisibly prim around the eye that is bigger and allows for easier clicking. Each eye also needs to be resized on its own, this allows for one eye to be a different size than the other if desired.

Now to talk about the main point of these eyes. They allow the LED lights to have different lighting orientations. These different emotes are done by simply saying the commands in open chat. The following two pictures show all the commands and the corresponding LED designs they will produce in the eyes. I really though this was clever and fun to play with.

The eyes also come in eight different color options. I am fond of the green and teal colors personally. I think each color is able to stand out though, and looks great in the eyes.

These eyes are only available in SL right now at my store Relentless Unknown as I have not yet gotten them put up on Xstreet. I just wasn't in the mood to go through the Xstreet menus late last night when I got these up, and instead just went to bed. I'll get to it someday in the future though if I don't get distracted with another build.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment