Android Eyes

Posted by Night Fox | Posted on 3:02 PM

I think I have managed to create something new for SL, and that is something that is not often said. These are android eyes that are full prim, and are made up of 80 prims. Inside the eye itself all the workings are visible and can be seen behind the lens. Circuit boards, wires, and even scripted moving parts are all visible behind a lens that comes in seven different color options. Also, because this is all prim work the details all look different depending on how they are viewed. More parts can be seen from every angle as the eye moves to look at things.

I really think this is the first time anyone has ever put parts like this inside the eye itself. I even looked on Xstreet for prim eyes, and everything there just seemed to be the regular eyes we have seen for years now. So I think I have made something new that steps away from just a texture on a prim. These eyes are only available in my store Relentless Unknown.

This is a picture of the seven color options I have come up with. Some of the detail work can also be seen in these picture, but it becomes even more apparent in the last picture. The eyes also have a nice bit of shine to them to make them stand out even more as they move around. I tried it with and without the shine, but with was a lot better to me and truly added another dimension. They truly do stand out in the brighter color, or use grey for a more realistic camera lens look.

This last picture is two of the eyes as sharper angles to help demonstrate the details inside. The little LED lights are visible, as are the wires. A hint of a computer chip is also visible in the right eye with each little prim wire protruding from it, and going into a circuit board.

I made some detailed directions for these in a note card that is given out in my store. Since these are using so many small prims for all the detail the resize script can actually go smaller than some prims can go. I have tested these to 30% smaller than the starting size they were built at and the eyes didn't lose any detail. Some prims moved ever so slightly, but they didn't change the overall look. I should also say the starting size I built them at was also very small, and don't see too many people with eyes smaller than it. I just felt it was best to make sure everyone knows what they truly are getting, and eliminate all surprises. I don't see anyone being disappointed though.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment