LL Xstreet Changes

Posted by Night Fox | Posted on 11:21 AM

I am not the first to hear news of things in SL, but I heard about these changes to xstreet. Xstreet will most likely begin charging 99L a month to post freebies, and 10L per month for all items 1L or greater. Also will have at least a 3L commission on all items that cost 1L or more. Got to love the idea of losing money every time someone buys something. These changes to Xstreet will cause me to remove all or the vast majority of items from the site. I have kept 95% of my no transfer items on the service to give people the ability to easily send items as gifts to friends, but sadly I will have to use other means when they make these changes to the service.

I was able to read all about this thanks to two sites, and recommend everyone read up on these changes. The site with the most information was on Shopping Cart Disco, and another article even was posted on Massively.

It will be sad to see how much these changes will impact the SL community. I suspect that a majority of people will be switching to other services like Xstreet that are cheaper to use. Xstreet was able to grow from nothing, and I feel that these other services will be able to do the same now that LL is breaking their service.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment